Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

This IS Their First Rodeo!

Friday we took the kids to the rodeo.  Aaron & I had been several times this year, but this was the first time to take the kids.  They seemed to have a lot of fun and their were tears shed when it was time to leave.  The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo has the cutest kids section.  It is called Down on the Farm and there are several stations you walk through.  At each station there is something to pick up and put in your harvest basket.  It starts with feeding the chickens and collecting an egg from the hen house, then you get "seeds" and go plant them.  Here they collected a carrot and an onion.  Then we went to the sheep house and sheared some wool.  On to the dairy barn to milk the cows.  Picked some corn.  After that we took our harvest to the farmer's market to sell.  Jackson & Emme each earned a dollar and then got to go to the grocery store where they could purchase a snack and a Capri-Sun.  It was super cute! After that area, we went to the petting zoo and then to the livestock show and saw all the animals and FFA projects, etc.  We tried to steer clear of the carnival madness... totally not my thing.  WAY too many people and it makes me itchy & nervous.  Weird, I know.  All in all, it was an enjoyable day!   
 Planting carrot seeds

 They rarely smile for the camera and never at the same time. 


 Jackson showing his profit.

 Jackson was braver here than ever before around the animals.  I was so proud of him!

 This was the biggest cow I had ever seen!


 My sweet girl & her daddy! 

 I love this picture -  I was playing with editing here too!

A fun one of one of the carnival rides.

No comments: