Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 6, 2010

Mr. Roboto

We had Jackson's robot themed 3rd birthday party at the municipal utility district building down the street from our house. We invited his whole class for the first time this year and I knew we would not be able to accommodate everyone at our house. The building was perfect with a huge indoor space, a kitchen, bathrooms, a playground, a fenced yard to run around in and room for a bouncy house. The best part - it cost $50. Score.

Pictures from Jackson's party (Sunday, Dec 5th) - in no particular order....
The cake - Gabriel is my hero!
Some of the decorations Aaron & I made - we saved cans for months, lol!

small table centerpieces - they were all different



Good buddy, Zach!
Frankie drinkin' & drivin'....

Sweet London!

Gabi painting her robot bank

The bank painting was a hit!

My sweet Wacko!



This was pretty much Jackson's face the whole time!


and he was rarely still...

This is one of Jackson's best buddies, Luke.
He is quite the daredevil - at one point, he dropped 5 feet face-first off the moneky bars into the dirt, got up & said That was fun! He's a nut!

Jackson "pumping" Frankie. Ha!

This was about the only time KK wasn't crying. :(
She is very shy! So glad she was able to have a little fun!





"Robot" hats made of oil filters


Evidently, the new thing is to NOT open gifts at the party. I sort of have an issue with this because I believe it is important to teach children how to give gifts & how to graciously accept gifts, but obviously that is not something that all parents feel is important, so we didn't. We took all the gifts back to our house and our family members watched Jackson open them.

He got tons of fun things from all of his friends and sweet family members - thank you so much to everyone! Yaya, Gabby & Nana all made yummy food to bring; PaPa took pictures; Aaron stayed up late & endulged me as we made soup can robots; Pops & Clay helped with the clean-up - it was a true family affair! Thanks guys! Love ya 460!

3 comments:

The Q. Family said...

LOVE the theme! Collin adores robots! I quickly learned the "rule" about no opening presents at parties too. On one hand, I get it, what 2 year old wants to sit still for 30 minutes and watch some other kid open presents. Heck, my two year old can't sit still and open presents that he gets to keep for more than about 5 minutes before he loses interest. But, on the other hand, you make an excellent point about it teaching children how to give and receive graciously. I suppose that is something I will have to work on at home with my kiddos.

gjones said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jackson! The party looks so cute you did such a great job with decorations- crafty lady!! :) Miss u! xo!!!

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and wanted to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of (http://jacksondeanhiler.blogspot.com/) would be interested in.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com