Thursday, January 14, 2010
Weight check
Emerson went for her weight check on Monday and weighed in at 15 lbs 5.4 oz. That's a pound & 2.4 oz up from last month, so we are making progress! We didn't see the doctor, but I called him on Tuesday and when we spoke he said he was pleased and said Emme seemed to be back on track. I attribute the gain to the fact that we have been giving her more table food. She loves to eat with the big kids! So far she has eaten mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, black eyed peas (on New Years), steamed carrots, macaroni & cheese, avocado, tomatoes, cheese, creamed corn from Rudy's, various breads (pancakes, biscuits, muffins and rolls), bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and a tiny bit of turkey. Now that I see it in writing, she has quite the experience palate for someone so small! Sadly, I have stopped breastfeeding and we are almost out of stored milk. This was the hardest decision for me, but when you see that your child is not thriving despite how hard you are working to try and give her what she needs, a change has to be made. Every day and I mean EVERY day, I still feel guilty for not being able to provide for her, but I have to move on and give her the next best thing, so here we are. At the end of the frozen breastmilk supply. Tomorrow will be her last taste of mommy's milk ever, but the most important thing is that she is growing and on the plus side I am not tied to that dang pump anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
FREE AT LAST!!! Congrats on making it so far and giving your child a precious gift! I am so glad she is growing and thricing! Sweet, petite cutie!!
FREEDOM!
I was dying to put the pump away, but felt guilty all at the same time. Just be thankful she had milk at all, you know? I lasted 10 months, mainly pumping exclusively, and cried when she had her last bottle of milk. Hang in there! The guilt will pass... xoxowal
Post a Comment